Monday, February 10, 2020

You're Still Wrong.. Mykel's Feb 2020 Blog I DON'T GET IT (Pt. 2)

You're Still Wrong.. Mykel's Feb 2020 Blog I DON'T GET IT (Pt. 2)


NOTE: This is my second WEEKLY blog. I’ve heard from several readers that “it’s too long.” Maybe they’re right. I know the feeling of reading on a screen. An old friend from the band The Apostles sent me a 65 page book he wrote. It’s a great read, but I can only manage 10 pages at a time on the computer. Something about the media shortens attention or concentration. For me, this is a test. Please let me know what you think.



YOU’RE STILL WRONG
Mykel’s Post MRR
Feb 2020
Part two
or
I Don’t Get It


So far I've written about my lousy year 2020 and how this time I want to ask people their thought processes that I don't understand. 


 I get the most of the premises…

  • If the government does it, it’s bad.
  • It’s better to work than not to work.
  • It’s better to do something for yourself than have someone else do it for you.
  • More is better than less.
  • Cheaper is better than more expensive.
  • Climate change is something you either believe in or don’t… like God.
  • “The holocaust” is something you either believe in or don’t… like God
  • There is a group called The Jews and they all believe the same thing.
  • Donald Trump is responsible for everything evil in America.
  • Donald Trump is responsible for everything good in America.
  • There are good people and there are bad people… and they don’t change.

All of these premises, of course, are wrong. If you’re wondering why, just read everything I’ve ever written. But I understand where they come from. They’re cliches. You take them for granted because your parents, your friends, your co-workers just know they’re true… without ever questioning them. They’re what everybody knows.

Here’s the rub. Some things are NOT cliches. They don’t have cultural or common background. They defy logic… at least my idea of logic. So I’m asking YOU to explain

How the fuck can you think like that?

Scene one: A factory chicken farm: Tiny chicks… row upon row of them… in cages not much bigger than their little chick bodies. The chicks grow. The cages do not.

Before long the metal squeezes the young animals like an iron maiden. There’s a small space for the animal’s head and neck... just enough so they can strain to eat the shit and antibiotics thrown to them once or twice a day. They never feel the sun. They never stretch their legs or their flightless wings. They die a horrible death on an assembly line with complete awareness of their spinning knife fate. The males are ground into fertilizer before they develop… except one or two used to make new chicks.

Scene two: A training center for the cockfights: The cocks leave their cages every day. The owner takes them out, pets them, encourages them to run... to fight... to use their muscles. They KNOW their owners, like dogs know theirs. Their last moments MAY be in the ring… but they have a better than 50-50 chance of living to fight again. And the lives they live would be the envy of any factory chicken.

Bullfights are the same.. The beef you eat at Wendy’s is treated like the factory farmed chickens. The bulls that are in the ring… nearly worshiped before they fight.

If you’re a vegetarian, I can understand opposing bullfights and cockfights. You don’t eat animals because it’s not a good thing to cause pain to another animal. I know science says plants feel pain too… but that’s at least controversial. What isn’t controversial is that bulls (and cocks) used in fighting are treated extremely well. They are babied… given room to roam, allowed space to flex their muscles.

What I don’t get is meat-eaters who think cock and bullfights are somehow CRUEL, while the meat on their plates isn’t. I don’t get how nations can make laws against cultural traditions over a hundred years old… but don’t make laws against treating animals worse than iPhones on an assembly line. Yeah, it’s money, okay. But how can you… yeah you with your clothes on… sitting at KFC… complain about how awful cockfighting is, when you’re eating something so much worse. Can you explain that to me?


END OF PART ONE

ENDNOTES: [You can contact me on facebook or by email at god@mykelboard.com. Through the post office: send those... er... private DVDs..or music or zines... or anything else (legal only!) to: Mykel Board, POB 137, New York, NY 10012-0003. If you like my writing, you can be notified when anything new is available. Subscribe to the MYKEL'S READERS Yahoo group readmboard-subscribe@yahoogroups.com]

Amazon does it again dept: It had to happen. The Amazon-owned company RING, is supposed to provide security in case your house is empty… or you want to keep an eye on the kids. So what happens when some guy hacks into the system and tells your sweet little girl that the voice she hears is SANTA CLAUS… and Santa tells her to smash her TV? This isn’t the only case of the security system being more than insecure. It ain’t gonna be long before the airport security systems and the bridge toll security systems and the iPhone security systems all become major sources of insecurity. For me, they already are.


LINK TRADE DEPARTMENT:

I read that the search engines like lots of links... and it's also nice to support my friends --and enemies-- in their blogs. So facebook me or email me if you have a blog, webpage or something else to connect to. I add you. You add me.


Here's a start:

David Goldberg's Busy Microbes Blog

And another Goldberg: goldberg.wordpress.com

Poetry and humor fans will like Justin Martin in The Latency

And my friend Mike R has a nice site with recipe hits from the past! (He cooked for me once... great stuff.) Check out Yesterday's Recipes.

And here's one by a member of ANTI-SEEN... a tour diary of sorts.

Andy Shelton has an interesting blog here.

Savage Hippie is a guy who has been YouTubing for a long time. Our opinions largely overlap... but he complains that I'm a Communist. I'm not! I'm a communist.

Chris Stecher publishes a zine called PRECIS. You can see the back issue links there... and he promises a new issue soon.

If there’s no link here (I can’t find it temporarily), then Google… er… Duckduckgo him for information.

And my long-term pal Sid Yiddish contributes with his Mishegas Master Blog.

Then there’s the link for people who hate links. Real live XEROS, a zine in a world of e-zines and virtual ideas. Check out ASYMMETRICAL ANTI-MEDIA “The Review Zine with Lunatic Fringe Tendencies.” What’s the URL? Hah! You need to put a crisp (or wrinkled) dollar bill in an envelope and MAIL IT (With a stamp. Get it?) to: Jason Rodgers, PO Box 10894, Albany NY 12201 And you should.

My pal Matt Sheahan has a contrarian political blog: https://matthewsheahan.com/ Hard to imagine that I’d have a contrarian pal, huh?

Then there’s the transgressive Harry Palm… https://harrypalmesq.wordpress.com/ Crank up the psychology!

Then there Dumbkat Press… more than a blog, but you gotta see for yourself!

Let me know if you have a blog… or a PRINT zine and want to be added to the list. You show me yours… you’ve already seen mine. god@mykelboard.com

NO COMMENTS:

No comments:

Mykel's April 2024 Blog/Column: The Obvious Answer

  Mykel's APRIL 2024 Blog/Column     You’re STILL Wrong Mykel's April 2024 Blog/Column The Obvious Answer by Mykel Board He...