YOU'RE STILL WRONG..
MYKEL'S APRIL 2020 BLOG
Who is that masked man?
“So what’d you do?” I ask.
He walks to the side of me and touches my arm. I flinch… immediately feel ashamed. There are few things that can shame me… but a flinch at the touch of a guy asking for money? I’m not proud of that.
Lester pretends he doesn’t notice. He mimes holding a shopping cart with two hands.
“Up and down when I finish peeing,” he says.
We both laugh… same joke… at least once a week for the last 2 years.
“Hah!” I say, “If I could afford a personal bodyguard, I’d hire you. But you might have more work than you expect. Some people don’t like me very much.”
“Sorry,” I tell him. “I gave my last buck to a guy up the street… I may have something when I get out of the store.”
“I’ll take that,” says Random Whiteguy, “I may have something is a hell of a lot better than I usually get.”
I can’t think of an appropriate ending for the bullshit sentence.
“Get a mask!” he shouts at me. “Keep everyone safe. You shouldn’t even be out, let alone spreading corona from street beggars.”
“I’ll wear a mask when Lester, Dexter, Calvin and that random white guy have masks to wear. I’ll practice social fuckin’ distancing when these guys don’t have to live their lives socially distanced from everyone who passes and sneers ewwww cooties.”
“There’s your safe, asshole! People live on the street and you say STAY HOME. What about them? They ARE home.”
Actually, I don’t do any of that. I just ignore the guy and walk past. I wish I were younger, bigger, with more cajones than I really have. But I’m not.
LINK TRADE DEPARTMENT:
- From my friend and fellow poet, Richard Goldberg: goldberg.wordpress.com
- I post a blog for Kyle Nonnemon, in prison for a ton of shit. He's a smart guy, with a passion for industrial metal and a general detestation of humankind. You can read his blog at: apothelema.blogspot.com
- Poetry and humor fans will like Justin Martin in The Latency
- And my friend Mike R has a nice site with recipe hits from the past! (He cooked for me once... great stuff.) Check out .Yesterday's Recipes
- And here's one by a member of ANTI-SEEN... a tour diary of sorts.
- Andy Shelton has an interesting blog here
- Savage Hippie is a guy who has been YouTubing for a long time. Our opinions largely overlap... but he complains that I'm a Communist. I'm not! I'm a communist.
- Chris Stecher publishes a zine called PRECIS. You can see the back issue links there... and he promises a new issue soon.
- George Fertakis has a very nice graphics-heavy blog... with music and books featured prominently.